Whether you’ve already booked your African honeymoon, or are considering a honeymoon in Africa, we have some side trips that you can create a registry for. It’s a great way to add a little adventure to your honeymoon and it can also make it more affordable. Your friends and family have a chance to get you something you will always remember, and a microlight flight over the Victoria Falls is surely more fun to give than a decorative bowl.
Registry Ideas for a Honeymoon in North Africa:
- Fantasia Moroccan Dinner and Cultural Show – The show takes place in the heart of a Marrakech palm grove, under the shelter of exotic Berber tents. It’s a dazzling, multi-colored extravaganza, accompanied by a typical Moroccan feast served in an open-air setting. Watch horsemen, jugglers, belly-dancers and more. Gift price from $100 per couple.
- Visit a Hammam in Morocco – A hammam is a traditional Moroccan steam bath. There are some splendid hammams in fashionable Riads that offer couples only massages, steam rooms, and typical Moroccan skin treatments using a variety of age-old natural herbs and soaps. Gift price from $200 per couple.
- Camel Ride Around the Pyramids – Discover your inner Lawrence of Arabia and enjoy the view of the pyramids from the back of a camel. Don’t forget to factor in a turban. Gift price from $65 pp (but depends on time spent riding).
Registry Ideas for a Honeymoon in East Africa:
- Balloon Flight over the Serengeti/Masai Mara – Imagine soaring silently above the great migration on the Serengeti Plains, admiring the tapestry of hundreds of game trails below. A hot-air balloon flight is truly a magical experience, and the romantic, champagne breakfast that follows is just the icing on the cake. Gift price from $800 per couple.
- Dinner for Two in the Bush – A romantic dinner for two by candlelight, in a remote and beautiful bush setting, with gourmet food cooked just for you. Gift price from $150 per couple.
- A Night Under the Stars – A romantic 4-poster bed, high up in the canopy of a Leadwood tree, overlooking the East African plains. The only thing that’s missing is a ceiling, but that’s what the African night sky is for. A star bed for a night is the ultimate romantic gift. Gift price from $800 per couple.
Registry Ideas for a Honeymoon in Southern Africa:
- Micro-light Flight over the Victoria Falls – It’s called the “Flight of Angels”, a micro-light flight offers passengers a birds-eye view of the Victoria Falls, the Zambezi River and the gorge, it’s an unrivaled viewing experience in our books. A camera mounted on the wing records the whole flight, so you can share the experience with your family and friends back home. Gift price from $150 per person.
- Elephant-Back Safari – An elephant back safari is not just a ride on the largest animal in Africa, it’s an unforgettable experience where clients get to interact with the elephants as well as enjoy a ride through wilderness areas and beautiful riverine scenery. Gift price starts at $150 per person.
- Picnic Lunch in the Cape Winelands – Surprise the happy couple with a basket filled with homemade goodies, a delicious bottle of wine, enjoyed under a shady tree in a beautifully landscaped garden of a 300 year-old vineyard. Gift price starts at $50 per couple.
- Jet-Boating on the Zambezi – Add a jolt of adrenalin to your honeymoon with an exhilarating 30 minute jet boat experience below the magnificent Victoria Falls, powering through rapids, buzzing rocks and jet spinning on the mighty Zambezi. Gift price starts at $95 per couple.
- Cage Diving With Great Whites – If your honeymoon includes Cape Town and you would care to experience one of the rarest sights on earth, then try a cage-dive and come eyeball to eyeball with a Great White shark. This would be one set of photos that is guaranteed to never bore anyone back home. Gift price starts at $300 per person.
Contact us and we can set up a registry for you. We have lots more ideas both big and small that will truly make your honeymoon a memorable one.