As follows is an outline of the steps required to book and confirm your safari with African Portfolio.
- We recognize that planning a tour to Africa can be a time consuming and involved process, often requiring several trip proposals to get it "just right". Therefore, we provide our clients with two suggested itineraries, free of charge, during the safari planning process. We then request a non-refundable deposit of $500 per person to enable us to continue consulting with you to design the perfect trip. We believe our experience and expertise is of value to you, and this deposit will allow you to continue to benefit from our knowledge and resources.
- In addition to the deposit, we require the completion of a Reservation Form and an acknowledgement of our Terms and Conditions Statement.
- When we receive your completed Reservation Form and deposit, we will make provisional bookings for the arrangements described in your itinerary. In the event that any accommodations or activities are unavailable, we will advise you of the alternatives and make the appropriate amendments to your itinerary.
- In certain cases supplemental, non-refundable deposits may be required to secure your reservation prior to final payment. This policy generally applies for camps/lodges that are in extremely high demand, for travel during holiday season or, for “exclusive use” reservations. We will advise you of any such requirements as soon as provisional reservations have been made.
- When land and air arrangements are in place, you will receive a pre-departure package, including important information to assist you in preparing for your safari.
- Clients of African Portfolio are covered for emergency medical services and/or evacuation transportation while on safari. Comprehensive trip cancellation protection is also available; please request more information if you are considering insuring the full cost of your trip. Clients residing outside the United States or Canada are not covered by African Portfolio’s travel protection policy and therefore must purchase independent travel insurance and provide proof of coverage.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to your scheduled departure.
- Please note that payments by credit card are subject to required authorization and will incur a 4% processing fee.
- Approximately three weeks prior to departure we will forward your air tickets (if applicable) and a confirmed itinerary.