Indulge In The Unspoiled Wilderness On Your Botswana Safari
Do you know where some of the largest herds in Southern Africa roam free and wild?
The answer is Botswana, one of the few unspoiled wilderness areas in Africa. On a Botswana safari arranged by African Portfolio, your adventure will include witnessing some of the largest herds in southern Africa roaming free and wild. Imagine yourself amongst the wilds of Africa, with exotic birds and breathtaking wildlife surrounding you.
A Botswana safari truly is a vacationerís paradise. Tropical climate, blue skies, sunshine, cooling breezes and of course, the magnificent wildlife.
Here are some facts for you to consider when planning your own Botswana safari!
- Botswana is relatively small, a little larger than France. It is a flat, semi-arid country and has a small population. Eighty percent of the population is concentrated on the eastern side of the country.
- When you fly over Botswana, you may be surprised by the endless expanses of dust and dry trees that are bisected by roads that run perfectly straight for hundreds of miles.
- Botswana has unique eco systems and as such boasts an amazing array of wildlife and pristine wilderness that you can safely encounter in one of their many game parks.
As follows is just a brief rundown of some of the game parks you might experience during your own Botswana safari:
- The Okavango Delta is considered the largest inland delta in the world as it covers an area of 17,000 square kms, nearly the size of New Jersey! Here youíll uncover lagoons, islets, waterways, forests and plains from end to end. The Delta is an ideal place to experience wildlife as it has over 400 species of birds and an impressive range of animals.
- Chobe National Park, the second largest national park in Botswana is world renowned for its huge elephant population. Here youíll discover some of the widest variety of game in Africa. You wonít forget the first time you spot the breathtaking herds of Chobe elephants, the largest of all elephants, as they meander through the park.
- The Moremi Game Reserve has a reputation as one of the most breathtaking reserves in Africa due to its lily-covered wetlands, grass plains and forests along with the magnificent selection of birds and animals.
- The biggest reserve you will encounter during your Botswana safari is the Central Kalahari, which is actually the second largest game reserve in the world. During the wet season, you will find animals flocking to the pans and valleys that fill with much needed water.
- Makgadikgadi Pans National Park attracts an interesting array of wildlife. In fact, the Makgadikgadi Pans, the largest saltpans in the world are the remnants of a massive lake formed more than five million years ago! They now remain dry until the rainy season starts. During this time, you will find water birds flocking to the vast pools and massive herds of game migrating throughout the area.
A Botswana safari will be a life changing experience leaving you with memories and photographs to last a lifetime.
Choosing African Portfolio as your travel partner is a smart move, as they have over a half century of collective experience in the tourism industry. Together, their staff have lived in Africa for over 100 years, visited countless safari camps, lodges, hotels, met with guides, trackers and camp managers and undertaken just about every imaginable adventure activity available in Africa. Why not trust your travel to the friendly and experienced professionals from African Portfolio and put them to work for you planning your very own Botswana safari.