Discover 'Out of Africa' On Your Own Kenya Safari
Are you looking for a safari with magnificent wildlife? Would you like to stay in wonderful accommodations? Would you like your safari to include a chance to indulge in palm-fringed beaches?
If so, then a Kenya safari is just what you are looking for!
When you think of Africa, chances are images of Kenya come to mind. Long known as “big game” country, Kenya has always been forward thinking and views wildlife as a national treasure.
A diverse country, Kenya is a wonderful experience for both the first time visitor to Africa and those that keep coming back again and again. With over forty parks and game reserves, magnificent wildlife, gorgeous beaches and warm and friendly people, Kenya truly is a wonderful way to experience Africa.
Why not book your own Kenya safari adventure with African Portfolio and discover these wonderful locales for yourself!
- The well known city of Nairobi is the heart of Kenya and will be your primary gateway to vast game reserves and national parks in East Africa. Many are surprised by how cosmopolitan, lively and interesting Nairobi is. There are many places of interest and you could easily spend time either before or after your safari exploring its wonders!
- Masai Mara is a must see for anyone wanting to behold the spectacle of the annual migration of wildebeest and zebra, truly one of the most breathtaking sights in nature. From just about anywhere, there seems to be endless herds of wildebeest and zebra, followed by their predators, including lion, leopard and cheetah.
- Lewa Downs is a huge 40,000 acre ranch hosting a diverse array of wildlife where you also can experience some of Kenya’s most spectacular scenery. Some of the animals you may encounter on safari include the endangered Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe, leopard, Beisa oryx, greater kudu, and the blue legged Somali ostrich. A great place to experience wonderful hospitality combined with impressive scenery and plentiful wildlife.
- Amboseli is well known for its big game and impressive views of magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro. You can’t go wrong visiting Amboseli with a breathtaking scenic landscape and its reputation as one of the best places to view herds of elephant, buffalo,lion, cheetah, giraffe and plains games.
- Three reserves, Samburu, Buffalo Springs and Shaba are noted for their unique species of wildlife and birds. These reserves are within the lands of the wonderful Samburu tribe offering a unique opportunity to observe the colorful dress and beauty of the people. Get a glimpse into their way of life and come back changed forever.
These areas noted above are a just a small sampling of all you can encounter during your Kenya safari. Other possibilities include visiting:
- Central Highlands
- The Great Rift Valley and the Lakes
A Kenya safari is a magical experience due to the diversity of animals, birds, and people. Kenya’s national parks and game reserves have long been famous for their variety and wealth of flora and fauna. With over one tenth of all land in Kenya designated as national parkland, you know your visit here will provide you with an experience and adventure like you’ve never had before!