Located on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls, Livingstone is a small town of about 80,000 inhabitants. Visitors will, of course, want to see Victoria Falls and a good view of the Eastern Cataract and Boiling Pot can be seen from the Zambian side. Along the Zambezi’s northern bank several famous lodges (Tongabezi, Sussi & Chuma, Toka Leya Camp, Thorntree River Lodge , The River Club and The Royal Livingstone Hotel) serve as a base for exploration. There is plenty to do and see – here are some activities which can only be done in Livingstone.
- Livingstone Island Tour – take a thrilling boat ride through the fast moving channels of the Zambezi River to Livingstone Island, which sits precipitously in the middle of the river at the top of the Falls. Enjoy a guided tour and teatime.
- Swim in Devil’s Pool from mid- August to late December depending on water levels. Enjoy an exhilarating swim to the edge of the falls during your visit to Livingstone Island. As an alternative you can swim in Angel’s Pool.
- Track white rhino on foot in the Mosi – oa – Tunya National Park, a World Heritage Site.
- Ride the Royal Livingstone Express, a luxurious steam train, starting just before sunset and taking you to the Victoria Falls bridge, followed by a 5 course meal.
- Microlight over Victoria Falls in a completely open aircraft that is able to fly fairly low over the Falls.
- Visit Marmaba & Mukuni Village Markets. Shop along with your guide for everything from fruits and vegetables to chitenge, the bright patterned fabric characteristic of Southern and East African fashion.
- Visit the Livingstone Museum, which is home to the most comprehensive memorabilia of Dr David Livingstone.
If you are planning a safari to Zambia, don’t miss out on all there is to see and do only in Livingstone. Give us a call on 800.700.3677 to start planning your trip.